Personal Side Of Deborah
- born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- summers spent swimming, skiing, boating, camping & canoeing in
Lake Simcoe, Georgian Bay & Algonquin Park
winters spent skiing,
skating & snowmobiling + annual family trip to Florida for golf,
tennis & SUN!
- very proud and happy mom of 2 grown children, grandma of 3, aunt
of 5 and great aunt of 8!
- anticipating a whole new exciting experience as a licensed
Professional Side Of Deborah
- I am a Certified Wedding Officiant and a member of
(Ontario Association of Professional Wedding Officiants)
- earned B.A & B. Ed at University of Toronto
- worked 4 summers through university at Lake Louise, Alberta,
where I worked my way "up" from elevator operator to hostess &
- 3 yrs as a fitness instructor/manager at Vic Tanny Spas
- 3 yrs as a Sales and Marketing Manager for Thomas Cook Canada
- 5 yrs as a Business and Evaluation Consultant for McGraw Hill
- 30 yrs as a teacher, educator & guidance counsellor within the
Peel and Toronto District School Boards
- while at Secondary School I ran a Student Nutrition Program, a
Conflict Resolution and Peer Mediation Program, Youth Leadership
Initiatives, an Anti-Bullying program, a Girls' Club, a French Club
and joined the Dramatic Arts Club (and performed in 2 major plays
with the students!)
- retired in 2013
Passionate Side Of Deborah
- one of my favourite quotes: "The mind is like a parachute; it
works best when it is open."
- I am friendly, outgoing, caring and compassionate
- I love to listen to other people and their stories
- I listen to learn and to understand
- I deeply respect honesty, integrity and the ability to forgive
- I love to make people smile, think and laugh!
- I also love travelling, reading, movies, listening to music and
attending live theatre
- three of my daily mantras are to:
- Listen with understanding,
- Speak with honesty, and
- Act with Integrity.
- Carpe diem!